Stavanger International Church places high priority on missions. Many of our members have served as missionaries, either long-term or short-term. In addition to supporting the work of God’s church throughout the world, we provide people opportunities to meet the needs of others through our Growth Groups and our support of KIA.
SIC’s financial commitment to missions is the giving of 10 % of all income.
2015 Mission Commitment
In 2015 the Church Council approved the following appropriation of funding to our partners in mission:
- 20 % to Marit Breen is a member of SIC who is presently serving in Ethiopia through The Norwegian Mission Society as a consultant in the Mekane Yesus Church’s work for Women’s Empowerment. She is also undertaking her MA degree in the same field.
- 20 % to KIA (our local Christian International Ministries)
- 20 % to Seth and Siri Chancy are members of our church who also serve with Covenant Players.
- 20 % set aside for a missions trip for our teens
- 10 % to Stavanger Lighthouse Church – see www.sicl.no for more information on our sister church
- 10 % to be dispersed at the Pastor’s discretion
Other missionaries we supported in prayer and in non-financial ways in 2015 are:
- Torhild Skårnes and family (Mahel Ramirez and daughter Maia) – Missionary Alliance in the Philippines.