SIC IS A MISSIONAL CHURCH: The membership makeup of SIC is in and of itself missional. We have the opportunity to be in touch with our brothers and sisters throughout the world through each other.
SIC gives 10 % of its annual income to various missions.
In 2021 SIC gave financial support to the following ministries:
- Kanhaug organization for Children. Makeni, Sierra Leone
- Tamar Project in East Africa, via NMS, and Marit Breen as contact person
- Pastor Tesfaye’s ministry in Ethiopia
- Covenant Player: Seth and Siri Chancy
- Pastor Samuel’s ministry in Myanmar (ZCF Norway Mission)
- ManGo Development Kenya: Rachel Wali Mwakazi Skjærpe.
- Thessaloniki Evangelical Church, Greece
Pastor’s discretionary fund
The Pastor’s discretionary fund is distributed to members, non-members in our community and Students locally, based on immediate need of assistance such as for food, clothing or financial support. These monies are distributed at the Pastor’s discretion, reporting only to the Missions coordinator due to the confidential nature of some disbursements.
It should be noted that due to the COVID pandemic forcing many VID students to return home, funding related to students decreased as the year progressed, whilst the emergency needs of others rose.