2022 Mission Allocation
Council, with input from the Mission Committee, agreed to keep the current mission allocation for the 2022 year. Mission commitment for 2022 will remain at 10% of total income. Procedurally, we transfer 10% of all income into the Mission Savings account (see Summary of accounts, below) and use that to pay out our mission commitments on the quarterly schedule – payments will be made the first week in April, July, October 2022, and January 2023.
SIC Council will decide on future mission allocations for 2023 during December 2022 following input from the congregation during November 2022.
2022 Mission Commitment
In 2022 the Church Council approved the following appropriation of funding to our partners in mission:
- 20% to be dispersed at the Pastor’s discretion
- 20% to KANHAUG to provide educational support for needy children in Sierra Leone.
- 10% to Marit Breen who is a member of SIC presently serving in Ethiopia through the Norwegian Mission Society as a consultant in the Mekane Yesus Church’s work for Women’s empowerment.
- 10% to Seth and Siri Chancy who are members of our church who also serve with Covenant Players
- 10% to Pastor Tesfaye in Ethiopia
- 10% to Pastor Samuel for church in Myanmar
- 10% for ManGo Development who initiates and supports sustainable development projects in Kenya
- 10% to the Greek Evangelical Church in Thessaloniki for their food bank